> On Sep 22, 2007, at 5:25 PM, authfriend wrote:
>
> > Tom didn't say enlightenment became words, he
> > said words became enlightenment through the
> > discrimination of the intellect, "when the
> > translucent intellect is as clear as the Self."
>
> But, it's important to point out, that the translation Tom
> is using is extremely misleading. What the verse he quoted
> is referring to is known technically in the yoga-darshana of
> Patanjali as "viveka-khyati". While viveka-khyati IS an
> important stage (bhumi) on the Path of realization a la
> Patanjali, it is emphatically not final realization in that
> system.

Hm, I don't recall Tom saying anything in this
instance about its being "final realization." He
was making a different point.

In any case, you appear to be mistaken, given
that the term used in the sutra Tom was quoting
is "kaivalya," final liberation.

> He has perpetuated this falsehood numerous times on this list,
> despite this fact being brought to his attention.

Perhaps he simply didn't bother to point out
your error.