As a narcissist, it's hard for me to enter the POV of another, and I'm
thinking that this may be a major dynamic in my never having had the
experience of receiving shakti from darshan.

I'm thinking that some disciples can want so badly to be seeing
through the eyes of their guru that, well, I hate to use this word,
but they "hypnotize" themselves into the experience.

In a dream, what cannot be experienced?  If so, then who can doubt
that the most common person could rassle up some bliss when they
"daydream" about their guru?  Self induced, to me, is Occam's razor
giving us the simplest explanation.

We are all gods who can manufacture any experience -- only we don't
because we think we're unenlightened, but in special cases we let
ourselves slip off of this notion about ourselves and leap to the
stance of the guru and take a look around from the POV -- this done
with projective imagining -- not by receiving energy or sucking energy
out of a guru IMO.

And all the gurus are screaming that they are merely the externalized
Self of the disciple anyway, so, logically, it IS Self induced, eh?

Watch any child playing with toys -- those toys are alive with the
energy projected.  I remember at age 7 rolling about 20 marbles along
the floor and being thrilled that I was a cowboy and these were my cattle.

Why not, then, gurus being played with in just such a fashion?

It's called love.  Put your attention on anything and it blooms before
your eyes.  Putting one's attention on the supposed "good parts" of
one's guru might, indeed, be a powerful hypnotic technique for some
personalities -- a relentless focusing of one's mind on certain
qualities -- who would be surprised to have a rush up the backbone?

Edg

-- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Marek Reavis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>