Sorry to take so long to reply. It's just a result of my job and the
fifty women that I slavishly serve - they made me "not" do it -
whatever that means.

Card is right about why I hyphenate these plural loan words. I first
saw this particular usage in Trevor Leggett's translation of
Shankara's commentary on the Yoga Sutras. I have not yet found an
American scholar doing the same. However, I like it because it
reinforces the recognition that these Sanskrit words (read Arabic
for "Houri") are provisional terms, not necessarily fit yet to be
reified into English.

I understand how you, as an editor, might find this mode of
presentation to be contra-instinctual for a trained English reader.
However, rather than just dismissing it, tell me why you might find
it confusing or irritating.

emptybill