--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I agree with you about "premature claims to enlightenment." I think
they are
> common.
I read this and I had to chuckle-- my history with flashy "I'm there!"
experiences, pointing towards enlightenment, has been that just when I
thought I had awakened, the overwhelming and unbalanced (key words
here) bliss would wear off, and there was nothing I could do to get it
back, for awhile. And the longest the flashy stuff lasted was about a
week, so as embarassing as any premature claims to myself were, they
were mercifully short lived (and very disappointing at the time).
Contrast that with the permanent experience, which is more of a
concrete shift in perspective, in being, which cannot be diminished or
eliminated, no matter how hard I try- lol!:-)