--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Sal Sunshine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Oct 1, 2007, at 3:23 PM, mainstream20016 wrote:
>
> >  It seems that the domesticity and procreative drives are intense,
>
> There is no inherant "procreative" or baby-drive, MS--that's just
> misogynistic crap.   If there were, there wouldn't be so much social
> pressure to have kids.  Whenever that relaxes, the amount of children
> in each family goes down dramatically--nearly always--from the 10-12
> each woman could theoretically have, to 1, 2 or 0.
>
> Sal

You seem to be saying that 'so much social pressure to have kids' is an
artificial construct
- and when 'that' relaxes, family size would naturally decrease significantly.
I contend that 'social pressure' reinforces the consensus collective experience
over many
millinia of how things work best and most effectively for the species. In other
words,
'social pressure '  reflects biology.
Which historical periods reinforce your statement that  --'nearly always'-- the
number of
children in each family goes down dramatically when 'social pressure' for large
families
relaxes?