--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "boo_lives" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "suziezuzie" <msilver1951@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Why would an enlightened person become overshadowed by sexual
lust?

> > In Cosmic Consciousness, the Being supposedly would not be
> > overshadowed by the influences that normally set off
> > sexual 'triggers' in an ignorant person. These would be sexual
> > triggers such as increased heart rate and sex hormones that
flood the
> > blood stream from perceptions given off from the opposite sex,
i.e.,
> > hair, butt, tits, eyes, legs, crotch, groin, etc.
> >
> > In God Consciousness, in which the finest level of creation is
> > appreciated, even the celestial gods that are responsible for
> > exciting partners, i.e., Cupid would not overshadow the Being.
> >
> > In Unity Consciousness, all sexual influences would be perceived
as
> > That. All sexual implications regarding the bodily functions and
the
> > mental pictures which trigger these desires would be seen on the
> > level of Pure Consciousness. The mental pictures associated with
> > sexual desires would be appreciated as experiences from this
life as
> > well as stemming from past lives in which we were men and women
> > engaged in countless sexual affairs. For the enlightened, this
> > influence would not affect them no matter how subtle, like
eating,
> > sleeping, etc.  That's how I understand it.
> >
> An "enlightened" person would get influenced by sexual lust if that
> person had an issue or vasana with lust and had not yet dealt with
it.

> If you want to define enlighenment as not being affected by
anything
> like lust or whatever, fine, but the myth of most eastern spiritual
> movt's is that a person's deep seated vasanas get resolved
> automatically as they do consciousness related practices.  Certain
> practices may promote a centered awareness that may make it easier
> deal with one's issues, but they still have to be dealt with
> consciously and many eastern spiritual groups have an issue with
> dealing with one's issues, ie, analyzing the mud etc.  This is why
> there's so much mental and emotional weirdness in long term tmo
campus
> types who religiously avoid dealing with their traumas or accept
the
> premise that they just can't have any emotional problems because
> they've done program for 30 yrs, or to put it another way, I've
known
> dozens of long term sidhas who suffered throughout their adult
life
> until they got conscious help dealing with childhood abuse
> experiences.  30 yrs of program had done NOTHING to release the
> negative effects of the abuse.

I didn't thankfully have abuse issues to work out, but the rest of
your post rings true-- I too had fallen into the belief that I
didn't have to consciously face my issues, that TM would magically
dissolve them. It was only when I recognized that this wasn't
happening that I was able to explore and resolve areas of my life
that very much needed some examination. It was and is a fairly
simple process; something rises to the fore and so I look at it, and
begin to examine why it has over balanced my awareness in its favor.
This then leads to a direct confrontation with whatever it is
grabbing my attention, which although I don't know how big or deep
the issue is, is just a matter of staying with it, keeping my
attention on it, and traveling with it, sometimes backwards,
sometimes forwards, into the other four directions (up, down, in and
out), sometimes into a mutation, and sometimes to complete
dissolution, until it is resolved into its balanced dimensions, if
it continues to exist at all. Then on to the next one. Much easier
now that I can see such things without any sort of justification or
rationalization blocking their clear view.:-)