With Leibniz, I've come to view this as a matter of "pre-established harmony"
(of course with/among Sattva, Rajas & Tamas, and not in any "monadial" sense).
But who knows? (i.e. is this a Zen thing after all?)  I guess that's why it is
good to study the history of these debates (or not, if "good" is only
conventionally meaningful anyway).

"BillyG." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
          --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Chadwick <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Sattva Purushayoh Atyantasamkirnayoh
>
> Pure consciousness and the active intelligence of Buddhi (the
"Me") >have absolutely nothing to do with one another.

Except that one (Intelligence) is a reflection of the other (Pure
Consciousness). Intelligence is the dynamism and Pure Consciousness is
the Silence.......

and lay it on us.