--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
snip
>  Gotta go. A sweet young thing is walking by my window, and I want
to get my drool on.

Lurk:
I've been away for a few days, but Edg, thanks for making me laugh.
FTR, I related to your views on Off's comments.  I found his comment
very insensitive.  I presume that anyone married would not make such
a comment.  That was the thought that popped into my head.

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "tertonzeno" <tertonzeno@>
wrote:

> > The Eighteen Great Vows of
> > the Venerable Master Hsuan Hua
> > In Memory of the Venerable Master Hsuan Hua, Volume One.
> > Burlingame, CA:  Buddhist Text Translation Society, 1995.

-----
> > ----------
> >
> > 1. I vow that as long as there is a single Bodhisattva in the
three
> > periods of time throughout the ten directions of the Dharma
Realm, to
> > the very end of empty space, who has not accomplished
Buddhahood, I
> > too will not attain the right enlightenment.
> >
> > 2. I vow that as long as there is a single Pratyekabuddha in the
> > three periods of time throughout the ten directions of the
Dharma
> > Realm, to the very end of empty space, who has not accomplished
> > Buddhahood, I too will not attain the right enlightenment.
> >
> > 3. I vow that as long as there is a single Shravaka in the three
> > periods of time throughout the ten directions of the Dharma
Realm, to
> > the very end of empty space, who has not accomplished
Buddhahood, I
> > too will not attain the right enlightenment.
> >
> > 4. I vow that as long as there is a single god in the Triple
Realm
> > who has not accomplished Buddhahood, I too will not attain the
right
> > enlightenment.
> >
> > 5. I vow that as long as there is a single human being in the
worlds
> > of the ten directions who has not accomplished Buddhahood, I too
will
> > not attain the right enlightenment.
> >
> > 6. I vow that as long as there is a single asura who has not
> > accomplished Buddhahood, I too will not attain the right
> > enlightenment.
> >
> > 7. I vow that as long as there is a single animal who has not
> > accomplished Buddhahood, I too will not attain the right
> > enlightenment.
> >
> > 8. I vow that as long as there is a single hungry ghost who has
not
> > accomplished Buddhahood, I too will not attain the right
> > enlightenment.
> >
> > 9. I vow that as long as there is a single hell-dweller who has
not
> > accomplished Buddhahood, I too will not attain the right
> > enlightenment.
> >
> > 10. I vow that as long as there is a single god, immortal,
human,
> > asura, air-bound or water-bound creature, animate or inanimate
> > object, or a single dragon, beast, ghost, spirit, or the like of
the
> > spiritual realm that has taken refuge with me and has not
> > accomplished Buddhahood, I too will not attain the right
> > enlightenment.
> >
> > 11. I vow to fully dedicate all blessings and bliss which I
myself
> > ought to receive and enjoy to all living beings of the Dharma
Realm.

> > 12. I vow to fully take upon myself all sufferings and hardships
of
> > all living beings in the Dharma Realm.
> >
> > 13. I vow to manifest innumerable bodies as a means to gain
access
> > into the minds of living beings throughout the universe who do
not
> > believe in the Buddha-dharma, causing them to correct their
faults
> > and tend toward wholesomeness, repent of their errors and start
anew,
> > take refuge in the Triple Jewel, and ultimately accomplish
> > Buddhahood.
> >
> > 14. I vow that all living beings who see my face or even hear my
name
> > will fix their thoughts on Bodhi and quickly accomplish the
Buddha