On Oct 23, 2007, at 2:07 PM, BillyG. wrote:

> They're out there. I remember people with them in a large stack. The
> only thing that kept them from proliferating more was this was back
> when photocopies were considered cheap if they were 25 cents a piece!
>
> On Oct 23, 2007, at 12:42 PM, Peter wrote:
>
> > Charlie Lutes used to read from MMY's unpublished
> > commentaries on the other chapters. Wonder what
> > happened to them?

No, Vaj we're talking about *two* different things. I'm not talking
about chapters 7-18, I'm talking about 24 additional NEW commentaries
he was going to write if time provided, (see intro to his Gita) each
one based on one of the six systems of Indian Philosophy and the 4
basic levels of consciousness. MMY's Gita as it stands today, is
clearly an inadequate commentary and doesn't do justice to the sublime
subject and message of Vyasa, IMO.

One wonders if he's even qualified to perform or write such a commentary. I'd be very surprised if that's the case. Certainly his 1/3-a-gita isn't that impressive.