In YS 1. 17 the vitarka, vichara, ananda, asmita levels of samaadhi are simply
descriptive references. (vitarkavicaaraanandaasmitaanugamaat saMprajñaataH)

  However, YS 1.18 actually give the technique to use in samyama for entering
asamprajnata. (viraama-pratyayaabhyaasapuurvaH saMskaarasheso 'nyaH)

  " The other (samaadhi) has a residuum of sanskara-s; it follows upon practice
(abhyaasa) of the idea (pratyaya) of stopping (viraama)."

  This practice works just like any othe sutra ... i.e. entertaining the idea
of "stopping" everything or total "stopping" - which is entertained softly and
delicately in the quietest range of awareness.

  I assume you guys have tried it previously. I realize that some tmsp people
avoid doing it because it isn't juicy. Others don't do it because it goes into
total quietude without bliss waves and leaves a big time gap of noetic
emptiness (present with an almost indescibible form of awareness.) Without any
experience to reference it can be disconcerting. However, if you have never
tried it then consider that after doing it for a little while you will tend
toward experiencing the stopping of all experiential activity - along with its
concomitant conscious reflectivity. According to Patanjali only a residuum or
remainder (shesa) of sanskara-s subsists in this meditative samaadhi. Please
disregard the thought that this is the same as laya-samaadhi - dissolution of
awareness in unconsciousness.

cardemaister <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
          --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "BillyG." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I remember in Mallorca MMY had us take 3 days of silence with
limited
> food intake, we'd stay in our rooms for 3 days rounding. And then
in
> the Fuiggi Fonte Theatre he said: "You could meditate a million
years
> and not reach CC unless you come to these courses", well that ended
> any speculation about reaching it in 5 to 8 years.
>
> So,you know this idea that TM'ers are reaching Samadhi in their
> regular meditations 2X20 is just theory pertaining to the bubble
> diagram, 'some day' you will actually transcend relativity and that
> experience will be so profound it will change your life forever.
This
> idea that I transcended and forgot the experience is not Samadhi,
> Samadhi is something you'll NEVER forget!

Aren't there several stages of samaadhi?