Whachoo mean ONLY a placebo?
The placebo effect is so-called precisely because no one knows how to account
for it.  So if I were your opposition (and I'm not) I'd say, "Well, how do you
know that the placebo effect ain't the God-effect?
Also, it says in the Bible plain as day that God is love.  So, if you've got
love for everything (bums, gorgeous young things, cancer cells, tape worms,
terrorists, Nazis, trolls, etc.), you've got God by definition.  a

"new.morning" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:                               An
independent view:
 why is God necessarily a prerequisite, or an intermediary, to
 Universal Love -- defined as loving everything intensely. (Including
 Loving the homeless man you pass -- and doing something with that
 Love). Can't a pure atheist experience the same intensity  of
 Universal Love as a Devotee? Whats God got to do with it?
 --paraphrasing Tina Turner.

 Universal Love is one the esteemed human virtues. If you  get there
 through, or after, finding God, loving God, finding enlightenment in
 your own view, or by what ever means, That, Universal Love, is the
 Thing. Not all of the intermediate markers, non-markers, tools,
 non-tools, side-shows, non-side-shows, deep samahdi, shallow somadhi,
 (or "samadhi what?") etc.

 No need to posit, or believe, that God, or loving god, is the only way
 to Universal Love. If loving your god brings intense universal love,
 then you have a good god -- or at least a good placebo. If loving your
 god brings a motivation to smite and hate others, you have a bogus god
 IMO.

 Is God, and Loving God, perhaps only a placebo getting one to
 Universal Love. A correlation seen as causality. Same with meditation,
 yoga, yogis, darshan, etc. Can you, can anyone, clearly demonstrate
 that these are not simply placebos. Like Marek's and T3rinity's
 symbols, my experience is that "placebos" --that is, any object -- a
 rock or tree -- can evoke the same experiences as you describe from
 your symbols. If you just Love it intensely.

 God and Its divine symbols, and messengers. All nice. But you can make
 your own placebos -- if you need one -- faster, easier, if you dare to
 do so.