--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <no_reply@>
> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "do.rflex" <do.rflex@> wrote:
> > >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "shukra69" <stephen4359@>

> are
> > >

> > > The Rajas [kings] in Maharishi's movement are phony Rajas of
> imaginary
> > > countries. It's all part of Maharishi's pretend world. It has no
> > > connection to what's actually happening in the actual world of
> human
> > > affairs.
> > >
> > > For you to fuss about whether the phony Rajas actually worship
> > > Bhagavan is ludicrous in light of their phoniness to begin with.
> >
> > But my dear friend; I thought we had already established the fact
> that
> > the "actual world" is not only boring but even dangerous. It is
> people
> > that only relate to the little things they can see and hear and
> touch
> > etc that are responsible for the plight this planet is in !
> >
> For what its worth, I recall Maharishi referring to material life as
> the lowest form of life. Not as a value judgement, but relative to a
> sliding scale of evolution.

Interesting. Guru Dev on the other hand claimed that a life in this
world is preferable a life in the God worlds.

"Divine birth is longed for by those wishing for a share of the
celestial, to be acquired by people who make specific religious
sacrifices and works relating to the divine. In devaloka (heaven) the
abundance of things to be experienced causes the minds of devataa{}oM
(gods) to remain wandering endlessly, hence they do not make efforts
to do purushhartha (work for fulfilment of life). Therefore birth as a
human is said to be preferable; since here man can do purushhaartha
and so can be in the presence of parabrahma (the Supreme Soul)"

~~ Guru Dev

And I recall Maharishi having said just about the same thing Guru Dev
said.