From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of hugheshugo
Sent: Saturday, November 03, 2007 3:46 AM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: new rajas today

Besides, the TMO needs people. The point is this couple thought they
had simply learned a meditation technique, the TMO goes out of its
way to appear secular, you find out the truth later.

Not very much later. This is an important point. Go to an intro lecture and
the mention of yogic flying (if they still mention it) is rather weird, but
otherwise it’s all practical benefits and scientific charts. Once you’re
initiated and begin to see what’s really going on in the movement, it’s a
very different story. I guess the movement attitude is like Nabby’s: “we’ve
got to do what we’ve got to do – we’re establishing a Vedic Civilization and
all that – and if people are put off by that it’s unfortunate but
unavoidable. As Maharishi often put it, ‘we tell them what we want them to
hear – not what they want to hear.’” The thinking seems to be that if people
leave, they just aren’t up to snuff. Their consciousness must be more
aligned with the old, ignorant ways than the new, enlightened ways.
Innovators are never appreciated by their contemporaries, etc., etc. I hear
some of these rationalizations by Bevan and others on the local MUM radio
station.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
9:46 PM