I'm not disputing the simple observation of what goes around, comes around.
But to move from that to gods and demi gods etc. seems fanciful to me.  There
is some discussion that the big bang was uncaused.  Causality itself is under
big time review among physicists who are also considering retro-causation as a
real possibility.  One of them told me that in the simple phenomenon of water
boiling there are 22 variables, and then, all we can be sure of is that it
works on planet earth, but we are not at all sure about  its causation.
Causation is a  concept in trouble, and I for one,  am  glad to hear it since
it has always  seemed flimsy to me. There is no way to distinguish between a
cause and a 100% correlation.

For the rest, I'm pretty sure only of the notion that certainty in knowledge
can't be had in science.  Someone wrote that science proves nothing.  That is
most true, and it is something every responsible science teacher I've ever met
takes pains to impress on his freshmen.

And, after sixty-one years of meditating, I've not seen any account about
certainty in "spiritual knowledge" that has a claim to certainty.  a

 Angela Mailander wrote:
 > Whence your certainty?

 It is an almost universal observation that what you sow,
 so shall you reap. Almost everyone has experienced this.
 The certainty of the laws of physics always indicate that
 there is cause and there is effect.

 Can you cite a single instance where the law of causation
 was not present? I think not.

 http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com