on 6/1/05 12:39 AM, TurquoiseB at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> What I wonder is whether in Maharishi's Vedic India
> fantasy, anyone would be allowed to *not* meditate
> if they so chose.

He used to speak, half jokingly, of "meditation police" who would apprehend
people seen on the street with "long faces" and put them in "meditation
asylums."

On an unrelated note, was anyone at the Santa Barbara ATR when he went on
for at least 15 minutes with an analogy that TM was just like screwing? We
were all straining like crazy not to laugh, but utterly failing.