--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> For anything to exist, it has to exist in some way. In unity,
> wholeness is all that is seen. In waking state consciousness
> everything thing is seen in a limited sense, limited by
> characteristic of some sort. Our minds force wholeness to exist in
> some "way". We cannot conceive of God in it's true nature which is
> seamless wholeness so we force God into a shape, into something
that
> we can relate to, something that looks like we think it looks. What
> do laws of nature look like? They don't look like any "thing" but
> can be described as having characteristics based on their function
> and over time these characteristics are built out into recognizable
> icons that describe the indescribable and how they relate to the
> human; things such as silence and dynamism, as Shiva and Vishnu
> which are essentially aspects of ones own consciousness. So on our
> trip to recognizing wholeness we see God as the sun or as a buffalo
> or as Jesus or as yahweh or as Allah or as a million other "ideas"
> of what God is. God doesn't care, God will be whatever you want God
> to be as long as you are sincere in your devotion.

Nice rap.  This also seems to be borne out by the
subjective reports of "saints" through the ages and
of modern people who "meet" God via near-death exper-
iences.  God always looks to them the way they expect
God to look.  Christians meet Christ or an Old Testa-
ment God, Native Americans meet someone different,
Hindus describe meeting the classic Gods of that
teaching, and Buddhists describe emptiness or
formlessness.

Unc