> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <rick@> wrote:
> >
> > No. He is someone else who volunteered to correct the thread
> > topic when the content of the thread has morphed into something
> > no longer represented by the topic. This is something we all
> > should do, but it's hard to get people to do it, or to snip
> > unneeded text in their posts.
>
> Is this person then deleting the original
> posts?

Yes. This is the only we know of to start a new thread in the system
if the author does not.

> Because that makes it impossible to
> count one's posts using the Yahoo message
> list, since FFL_Topic_Heading_Editor appears
> under the Author heading rather than the
> name of the person who made the post.

The Yahoo message service is not counting accurately, regardless. And
changing the thread should only effect any one individual's posts
occasionally.  And they will never be effected if one keeps  headings
accurate.

> He's also snipping way too much context so
> that you have no idea what the post was
> responding to, and he's leaving out some
> of the attributions so you don't even know
> whose post it was or who the person was
> addressing.

Since all of the reference posts are below, maintaining substantial
reference in the post itself is redundant. And doing so makes reading
posts difficult -- often necessitating scrolling 5-6 pages to get to
the new post.

If I have been over snipping, I will try to do better. However, one
can simply keep their own posts snipped -- to their own satisfaction.

> And of course it completely
> screws up the Yahoo threading feature.

How so? It creates a new thread with an accurate heading so people can
more easily follow topics they choose to. Having unrelated heading
titles is what screws up the threading system.

> This is a *terrible* idea, Rick. How many
> people complained about morphed threads,
> two?

Why not try it for several weeks. If after two weeks, people find FFL
is not easer to read and navigate, we can abandon this effort.

Or, better yet, people can simple create accurate headings for their
posts. And snip them concisely.