R: Here's the really funny part. They are so terrified of the coming

 Angela Mailander <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This time, Rory, you are not speaking from any kind of experience.
Have you seen war?  You may be able to argue that most of us are
living in a world of psychological misery of our own making because
we are not enlightened, but we are still spoiled Americans with the
money, leisure, and comfort to have spiritual concerns of some sort.
> And again, just because we see something coming down the road
doesn't mean we're afraid.  a

Anything "out there" is Disneyland, period. If it really matters, I
remember war. I am still standing amidst the ashes, rubble, bones,
and stink of an incinerated Germany and knowing nothingness, and
utter humiliation and failure to protect my people.

What's going on "in here" is far worse: because it has a sugar
coating, allowing us to ignore a far more horrendous and insidious
tyranny that robs us of utter freedom, doesn't allow us to have a
truly clear thought, or perceive clearly that we aren't actually
free. And again, I'm not speaking of mere political freedom. I'm
speaking of a thought-control so subtle we aren't even aware that
it's there or that we're fearfully chained by it, until it Dies.

We're afraid, all right.