on 6/2/05 8:04 PM, shempmcgurk at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> That's why it upsets me that the organisation and the founder/leader
> of the organisation that promulgates TM adopts philophies and
> beliefs that go against the "we're not a religion or a philosophy"
> tenet.  The TMO should reflect what it teaches, no?

30-40 years ago people bugged MMY constantly for advice on what to eat, how
to live, etc., and he always said just meditate and eat what your mother
gives you, don't do anything you think might be wrong, etc. I guess finally
he realized there was gold in them thar lifestyle guidelines, so he started
selling people what they wanted. Take what you need and leave the rest.