Watching how the Enron types operated when the S hit the fan is a good
example of what I am talking about and that was within one company!  I
know someone who works on private jets for some of the richest people
in the world but I can't claim to rub elbows.  They aren't the
trusting type was my point. But in DC you can rub elbows with the high
profile types if you want to dress for it.  Same as other big cities.
I've never met a billionaire but know a few millionaires.  That isn't
saying too much these days is it?

My gun question was just a joke.  I think you and I have found a
comfortable water level to hang out it haven't we?

I do own a gun.  I bought it when I was married and owned a house.
Then I got into shooting as a sport for a while.  Very Zen.  I haven't
shot it in about 15 years so I'm not really into it now.  However I do
think it is a good idea to have an option if someone invades your home
other than "how can I help you?"  I don't believe that personal guns
help the Government stay in line.  I have seen their guns on TV and
they are mighty big!

I haven't looked in to the camps thing.  With 24 hour news fighting
for stories to smoke their competition I find any large scale
operation hard to imagine under radar.  Even Bush's war buildup came
out in extreme detail and that is as high as it goes.  My faith is
that the balance of antagonism keeps the worst of the worst in check.
 The system only fails when one side stops fighting like before the
Iraq war.  That was a dangerous imbalance of this principle IMO.

But your general distrust of the money politics enmeshment is
something I worry about too.  Unless something really good comes on TV!