TurquoiseB wrote:
> I'll check in from afar.
>
> I really don't have a clue. To paraphrase a line
> from Buckaroo Banzai, "It's not my goddamn country,
> monkey boy."

So, you don't vote.

> I haven't seen any of the ads, and feel fortunate
> to have missed them. I haven't heard any of the
> claims and campaign promises, and probably wouldn't
> believe them if I did. I've only heard a few of
> the candidates speak at all, and the only one who
> seemed to have even an ounce of charisma and hint
> of integrity for me was Obama. But I've heard...
> what...maybe ten minutes of his rhetoric?
>
> It's all like some soap opera playing itself out
> somewhere across the sea. I *know* that however
> it plays itself out, and whoever wins the election
> (if there *is* an election) it will affect the
> entire planet, but at this point I really just
> can't bring myself to get involved with it all.
>
> Pretty much all of the candidates who have a ghost
> of a chance of winning seem to be in the pocket of
> Big Business as far as I can tell, so it seems to
> me that whoever wins, it's just going to be more
> of the same.
>
> I still feel some lingering affection for the U.S.,
> even though it's done very little to deserve it
> for some time now, and I hope for the best for it,
> but at the same time I am prepared for the worst.
> I don't have a clue how this election will turn
> out (again, if there is one), so I'll leave that
> to you guys who live there and can't avoid seeing
> the ads and hearing the rhetoric.

So, you don't vote and you don't pay any U.S. taxes.

So, I guess you won't be collecting any U.S. Social
Security benefits, and you won't be getting any
Medicaid or Medicare. So, I guess you'll go to a
Spanish government nursing home in a few years.

You've got a lot to look forward to!