> How do you guys tune your axes? If I tune my cheapish Japa-
> nese Strat copy with a meter, I'm not quite satisfied with how
> it sounds. My 'Kitara-kirja' (Guitar Book) sez it's preferable
> to use several methods in sequence to get the best (tempered??)
> tuning that sounds good in most positions.

When I am performing I can't really fool with going beyond my
intellitouch tuner readout that is clamped to the headstock of my
guitar.  Since there are so many other variables in the sound of Delta
blues like slide placement and how far I am bending strings, I may not
have the need for that kind of exactness.  The way I yank at my
strings I am lucky when they don't break, let alone stay in tune!
But with temperature changes and 4 guitars in my shows it is a real
struggle to keep them all in tune without boring the audience.  So
theoretically I agree with your guitar book and at home I fiddle a bit
with harmonics tuning, but at shows it is all visual from my tuner.

You might want to try my bourbon whiskey tuning method.  After a glass
my guitar sounds wonderful!