> It appears to be a one-sided report of a writer just
> a spoon-fed movement press releases.

I'm watching it now, and sadly, I have to agree
somewhat. The documentary was clearly made with
the full cooperation of the TMO, otherwise they
wouldn't have had access to all of the photos
and archive footage that they used. And they
clearly told them who to interview, people who
are still "movement-friendly" or who have a
history of not speaking ill about it (like
Chopra). The producers obviously settled for
this, and didn't dig much further.

That said, it *was* fun to see all those old,
familiar faces again, both then and now. Jerry
still looks jolly. Donovan is still a blissninny,
but looks to me old and not terribly healthy, at
least to me. Mike Love's still clearly as big
an egomaniac as he ever was, trying to take
writing credit for a Beatles song. :-)

We get to see glimpses of David and Jessamine
Verril, Charley, Walter Koch, and other early
leaders of the movement. It was fascinating
hearing David Lynch talking about his ever-
present anger before starting to meditate, and
relating that to his own comic strip, "The
Angriest Dog In The World." Bevan, whom I have
not seen in person since 1977, was a major
revelation -- it's difficult to fathom the
degree of physical degradation he's undergone
unless you know what he looked like before.
Theresa Olsen still looks pretty good. Hagelin
was an embarrassment in my opinion, but I'm
sure some will think that he came across well.

Despite Vaj's characterization, the narrator
did mention Maharishi's tendency to exaggerate,
and the loss of credibility that followed the
introduction of the siddhis. They also included
a short clip from Geoff Gilpin that was not
completely On The Program and expressed mainly
nostalgia for the times when one could still
believe in it all, and disappointment in what
it had become. On the other hand, the narrator
blithely repeats the claim that "six million
people now practice TM." In their dreams.

All in all, though, it was a fascinating trip
down memory lane, a lot like visiting one's
old elementary school and trying to remember
what it felt like to be the person who went
to classes there.

Does anyone know who the dark-haired woman was
talking to Maharishi in the film clip from Lake
Tahoe. with the lake in the background? She
looked familiar to me, but I just can't put
a name to the face.