I  really enjoyed reading your post Curtis.Very well
said.
Occassionally there are some really good things
written here, you just have to filter thru the
nonsense
sometimes. The link t oGuru Devs page was great.
As for Steve Shimer, I knew him well in his later
years in napa,calif. we were hanging out with shree
Maa
at her ashram.
He was married to Kathy Unger. He became an
acupuncturist and was a truly humble soul to the day
he dies in Aug of 2005. We put his body into the
crematorium right there at the funeral home in
Fairfield, calif.
he and kathy had justurned me on to deeksha a few
weeks prior to his passing. The chemofrom his cancer
treatment killed him.
As for meI love meditating twice a day. Shree Maa once
commented tha tMMY had used good dung(fertilizer)
on me. My meditations are deeper and more blissful
than ever. I think the deeksha is responsible for that
and I have had more profound experiences since the
deeksha than I had in almost all the previous 30+
years of just doing the TM and TM siddhis. just my
observation.
MMY got millions of us off onthe right foot. The rest
is up to us.  It was a good start and we had some
great and memorable times and made some great friends.
imho NO ONE HAS ALL THE ANSWERS. Not MMY, Amma, Shree
maa, AMMABHAGAVAN, SAI BABA etc.
I feel respectful to allpaths as long as they are not
fundamentalists about it and try t osave me.
Ramakrishna has said "As many people, so many paths."
Om namah shivaya

Be a better friend, newshound, and