> Angela Mailander wrote:
>
> Unfortunately, I can't remember the names and dates,
> but there are reports of levitation in the Neo-Platonic tradition,
> so the mysterious East is not the only source for such stories.

Craig Pearson, of MUM faculty, wrote a book about levitation;
i dont think it was published yet;

but, it includes the spontaneous levitations of
St Joseph of Cupertino, a Catholic saint from the Middle Ages.

of course there wasnt much Science back then, so there is
not scientific "proof"; however, the suspicious Catholic Church
was convinced of what he was doing; they dont make just anyone
a saint; in their way, they investigate things quite thoroughly.

this passes for me as: as scientific as you can be for that age;
this monk did float into the air.