--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, bob_brigante <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "do.rflex" <do.rflex@> wrote:

[snip]

> > A lot of people like you had an aversion for Charlie. I felt the
> same
> > way about Jarvis whom I considered a shallow, phony and
> opportunistic
> > human being who placed high value in his position in the TMO pecking
> > order.
> >

> ************
>
> I did feel an aversion to Jerry Jarvis, whose personality I
> absolutely could not abide. But Charlie was a genuinely likeable guy,
> not surprisingly, because he was a salesman, and salesman who are not
> likeable don't do well, but Lutes was a very successful concrete
> salesman. I continued to like and smile at Charlie even after I
> started walking out on his lectures, and I was and am grateful to him
> for all the wonderful experiences I had on his very relaxed residence
> courses (the old days of unlimited rounding were great -- I just
> stayed in my room and did rounds for 10 hours a day). Charlie was
> just not the fount of esoteric knowledge that he thought he was...

That's interesting, Bob. I went to a rounding course at Asilomar Jerry
conducted and did the very same thing. I stayed in my room and
rounded. The one lecture of Jerry's I attended a was rote, cheap
performance of Jerry nauseatingly spewing in his characteristic phony,
smiley 'bliss' act stuff I'd heard years back.