In an earlier posting someone said, "If the majority of teachers
were to take steps now we might be able to keep the teaching
alive".  I will always appreciate all the good that Maharishi has
given the world.  I remember a time after TTC, and even well into
the 90's,  the basic message was clear.  Now I fear that exposing
others to what is happening, with the robes, high fees, failed
business plans, palaces and nonsense, that some will become
overshadowed and abandon the basic message that has already been
shown to have value.  A criminal court judge, one of my TM students,
refuses to recommend TM to anyone now.  He wrote "Maharishi is a
billionaire who seems to have lost his spiritual side to greed. I
get his newsletter and after seeing his progress to all of
this "king" stuff have quit telling people that I do TM as I can't
explain what he is doing."  A recent graduate of the recertification
course circulated a letter recently discouraging future
participation , "It was hell.  Teachers were being told daily that
they must adjust to the changing operating principle explained by
Maharishi in live broadcasts.   Maharishi chastised the governors
daily and consistently for the past level of non-cooperation.  He
was clear and forceful to say the least.  I felt at times that he
actually took pleasure in making the course participants
uncomfortable.  After the first five days 80% on the course
participants that I spoke to wanted to leave.  The long term full-
timer national staff were the first to accept it."

Daniel Jeffers