On Jan 8, 2008, at 12:56 PM, ruthsimplicity wrote:

> "We can say this: these theorists [of modern physics] are virtually
> unanimous in declaring that modern physics offers no positive support
> whatsoever for mysticism or transcendentalism of any variety."
>
> -Ken Wilber, Quantum Questions

I have ordered this book and am interested in reading it. So far, no
one has pointed me to any data to the contrary, my invitation to Off
notwithstanding. (No one needs to point me to the Maharishi Effect
statistical analysis work, I am aware of the work and the criticisms.)

There are a lot of pretty theories out there, but it is wading through
slush to find anything of substance.

There are several good talks KW has made on his website, Integral Naked, on this topic (quantum physics and consciousness) which I'd also recommend. In one with Corey De Vos he does concede--and I do agree with this--that if we ever would discover a unifying field, it would very likely be prana or bioenergy that physicality and consciousness emerge from. Interestingly this would also vindicate several mystical traditions like Inner tantra, Dzogchen and Taoist alchemy all who give techniques for controlling prana to modify even the physical realm. Interestingly (to me anyways) a late 1950's scientist who did the first scientific work on prana was actually persecuted for his discoveries. All of his books were burned along with the devices he was using and he was thrown in Federal prison where he died. Of course I'm speaking of Wilhelm Reich. The guy was at least 100 years ahead of his time IMO--not always a popular thing to be!