According to the medical records, as described in the
official biography of Swami Brahmanand Saraswati, Guru
Dev died of natural causes. Just before Swamiji passed
away, he summoned his foremost chela, Bal Bramacharya
Mahesh, who had been waiting just outside in the hall,
and handed him a full set of written instructions
concerning the administration of his entire estate.
Guru Dev then told Mahesh, in front of three others:

"My dearest Mahesh, please put this old bag of bones,
[pointing at his chest], inside a trunk, with this body
sitting upright in this high chair, [pointing at his
chair], and toss it into the Ganges river [makes dumping
gesture]. Then, Bal, you should arrange my affairs and
then go to the Himalayas, hide inside a cave at the
Upper Kashi and meditate day and night, just like I have
instructed you. Don't come down from the mountain until
you've developed a plan to spiritually regenerate the
whole world. Use the simple system of meditation that I
have taught you - remember to always keep the teaching
pure."

Guru Dev then closed his eyes, sat up in the full lotus
position, took one long deep breath, felt his body as a
whole, became aware of his bija-mantra, just like any
other thought, and absorbed in deep meditation, passed
into Cosmic Conciousness.

Inside the Jyotirmath

After arranging the funeral of his Guru DevJi and turning
over, with all due pomp and ceremony, the administration
of the Jyotirmath Trust to Guru Dev's worthy succussor,
Shantanand Saraswati, as specified in Guru Dev's
hand-written will, Bal Bramhacharya Mahesh followed Guru
Dev's instructions to the letter: he went to a cave in
the forest of Garwhal, the Upper Kashi, in the Himalayas.

It has been reported that Bal practiced the mouna yoga up
there. During that time he also mastered the siddha yoga;
the hatha yoga, dhyana yoga, bhakti yoga, tantric yoga, japa
yoga, and he did the tapas. He became a Master; cognized the
bija-mantras, thus becoming somewhat of a Seer himself!

Read more:

'Inside the Jyotirmath'
By Richard Williams
http://tinyurl.com/y9sx55