From: Vaj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 4:16:41 PM
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: 911 into the fray again I go (of the assailing
on FFL)

On Jan 17, 2008, at 5:02 PM, ruthsimplicity wrote:

I favor the psychological theory that people fall for conspiracy
theories because of a human tendency to try to link major events with
major causes.

People cannot accept that a few terrorists could cause such a disaster
of such proportion in the United States.

It would be more interesting, for me anyways, to hear some of the psychological
bases for these phenomenon.

For me, it seemed more 1) a lack of common sense or sometimes people who are
very naturally imaginative or afraid 2) people without an innate understanding
of basic engineering tenets or physics--no different than say a person who
might lack artistic ability or mechanical ability. 3) fricking paranoid people,
some whom because of their lack of social skills cannot grok what happens at
"higher" levels of society, so they fear it, as if there were naturally this
cabal "out there". But "fear" of the unknown seems central.

It would be interesting to hear Dr. Pete comment on this because I feel there's
something I'm missing in terms of "the conspiracy theorist personality profile".