Certainly an NLP trick, done with a highly suggestible entity,
though I wouldn't be surprised that she was a shill either,
and still gullible to be a suggestible to be that shill.

On 1/17/08, curtisdeltablues <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I wish it were possible for a person to use a shill in demos like
> these.  You know, someone you pay to do what you want for a show.
> Like someone who you can pay and then tell them what to say and do
> when the cameras are running.  I guess that is completely impossible.
>
> It makes more sense that his NLP skills are instantly effective and
> magical on strangers.  Yeah that makes much more sense.  How could
> anyone actually give money to another person for the purposes of
> making it look like they had done something magical?  No way!  That
> could never happen. Other than every working magician I know of, no
> one would use a paid actor to pretend they were innocent...
>

> Ok now my snarkiness is too much even for me.  I studied NLP and there
> are people who believe that it is all so simple and effective. But it
> doesn't work this well or that instantly. I've trained with some of
> the best, even one of the founders, John Grinder.  This guy is not
> demonstrating NLP or hypnosis, it just doesn't work that way.
>

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "guyfawkes91" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> > If you have an interest in spiritual practices, group dynamics and the
> > wilder shores of suggestibility here're some YouTube clips which ought
> > to make you laugh, gawp, feel smug and generally leave you scratching
> > your head thinking "What the F...!, Um, er, eh how did he do that". It's
> > a few clips of a British magician/mentalist/entertainer called Derren
> > Brown who is famous in the UK  for mucking about with people's minds
> > while they're not looking and leaving the cameras on to display the
> > effects.
> > Very wild and way cool. He's doing a US series sometime.
> >
> > For a laugh
> >
> > So you think you know the color red when you see it
> > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr-QtNE9k84>
> >
> > Has something like this ever happened to you?
> > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-TURhK90_8>  Now come on be honest!
> >
> > The trick is explained
> > www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybmOlQRuaYM
> > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybmOlQRuaYM>
> >
> > A bit more serious
> >
> > You do Voodoo? Are you really sure?
> > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW2yKlNFFuU>   Always question things.
> >
> > Astrology, mmmmm <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haP7Ys9ocTk>  We've
> > heard that one.
> >
> > Catch my dreams! <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1N_UHhMpzk>   Have
> > your's been caught?
> >
> > More tricks with Crystals <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgmOJGMsrFQ>
> > (without money changing hands!)
> >
> > Playing with collective consciousness
> >
> > Group coherence can be joyful
> > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9G0Lg3cUJA>   But beware of Crowd
> > control <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOEKdaXIEHc>  You will be
> > assimilated into the group mind!
> >
> > Wisdom of Crowds <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZroxXmFovc>
> >
> > Persuasion

> [...]
  • ... guyfawkes91
    • ... curtisdeltablues
      • ... Samadhi Is Much Closer Than You Think -- Really! -- It's A No-Brainer. Who'd've Thunk It?
      • ... The Secret
        • ... TurquoiseB
          • ... TurquoiseB