--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Llundrub" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> You know the Adam and Eve myth? Where they ate of the tree of
> knowledge and were banished from the Garden. Most myths go pretty
far
> back and have at their core a clear and unadulterated meaning. What
is
> this one realy about?
>

> Rick Carlstrom
>
> ---Depends who you ask. My favorite esoteric interpolation is from
the Golden Dawn, which uses the Fall, and the Revelation as
counterpoints.

I think it's about the split of Unity into Duality - which started
consciousness, so that we can become conscious of ourselves and self-
referral(knower, known and object and knowing). In terms of our
consciousness, the original spark split into 2 so that the 2 parts,
masculine and feminine, can become whole in themselves through their
journey through their lives, until they can join together in
consciousness (T.S. Eliot "and the end of all our exploring is to
arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time") If
they are not whole in themselves they would be too absorbed in each
other and not develop.
Good book on this - M A Jacoby "The Longing for Paradise"