--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "matrixmonitor"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --tahnks for the Voltaire quote.  Here's some words of wisdom from
> Friedrich Nietzsche:
> "

Whew!  In Irish actor, drama coach, director was in my apartment and
in my car for two days as we tried to get him back to Ireland.  I can
hear him reciting this with all the drama, fire, passion and heart of
the Irish.  A heady experience (yeah, thankfully I haven't asked for a
little head yet <G>).  I never realized Nietzsche wrote with such
drama.  I'm going to have to brush up on my German.  Imagine how it
might sound with the bellowing, resonate and clear power of the German
language!

Actually, I've never quite been into such high and powerful drama but
if you're thinking of killing off God, well, the words fit the deed.

I remember my HS German teacher, who admitted me into his German IV
class without my ever studying or speaking the German language
before's favorite little chant:  Morgen, morgen, nicht heute, sagen
alle faulen Leute.  It's a sweet saying of "today, today, not tomorrow
say all the lazy people" but Auf Deutsch it rings so sweetly, clearly
and POWERFULLY.  German is definitely a language you can get dramatic
with very readily.  And of course, like all of my teachers in a time
when it was OK to not treat students as one homogeneous mass, was full
of passion for his subject.

Thank you kindly.