In a message dated 1/27/08 7:35:50 A.M. Central Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Besides  knowing what specific cardiovascular
condition this guy had, we would also  need
to know what *type* of exercise MMY had been
asked about. If the  guy's condition was well
advanced by the time he joined  Purusha,
exercise such as weight-lifting or vigorous
aerobic exercise  might actually have been
very dangerous.

In general, exercise is a  good thing, but
there are a lot of variables.

The last time I saw Scott, back in the 80's, he was a bit *chubby* and I
believe he had been on Purusha since it's inception, back in  the 70's. M's
instructions since I can remember have been that we don't exert ourselves. If
the
house catches fire, we walk out, don't run for anything.< Chances  are
Scott's weight, along with probably a high fat and carb diet, ghee,  rice,
bread and
sweets etc. along with a sedentary life style, with minimal  physical
exertion, caused plaque build up in his arteries and possibly  thickening of
the
heart's walls which leads to heart failure.< From what I  knew of Scott, he was
as
close to a saint as anybody in the TM movement and  probably much more so
than many of it's  current leaders. I never  heard  him tell anybody how they
should  or should not be or to live  their lives. I never heard a critical or
harmful word from his mouth and he  definitely wasn't on any power trip, trying
to exert authority over anybody.  Scott will be missed.

48)