They might think it is too much like coming upon one of those multi
car pile ups, you know, like in the fog that involve dozens of
vehicles - and coming upon it just as it happening with all the
walking wounded.  Many folks already have enough drama and chaos in
their lives and it's not worth sifting through all the
over-emotionalism - they slow down, gawk, and move on.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> FFL gets about 4-8 new members a week. I see the comments they're
required
> to make when they sign up. Many are intrigued by the description on
> HYPERLINK

> FairfieldLife/ and figure they've stumbled upon a pretty cool,
open-minded
> group of spiritual seekers. For the most part, they have, but I also see
> many of them unsubscribe after a few days. They don't have to leave
comments
> when they unsubscribe, but I suspect that many of them are turned
off by the
> bickering and trash talk that sometimes prevails. This is an unfortunate
> loss IMO. Don't the spiritual traditions which we all respect
advocate love,
> forgiveness, acceptance, etc? I don't understand how people can tolerate
> indulging in negative feelings and behavior for weeks, months,
years. It's
> self-polluting. I should think spiritual seekers would be inclined
to look
> within and locate the source of such impulses, and try to eradicate it.

> Checked by AVG Free Edition.
1/25/2008