Yup, it is a "chick flick." Kind of like those Merchant-Ivory films set
in the early 20th century and yes it is supposed to take place right
before and at the start of WWII but sure didn't feel that way.  It is a
masterfully done film though but I wouldn't rate it as high as Turq.  In
fact on "At The Movies" (which used to be Ebert-Roeper until Ebert and
Disney had a split over it) it didn't even rate in the the 10 top movies
list over Roeper or the NYTimes critic on that edition of the show.  I
saw it at the DLP theater nearby and wondered if it might have looked
better at film theater as there were a few scenes that got pixelated
though not as much as you would set on an HDTV channel.

The theater also just raised their matinee price from $6 to $6.50 and
when I asked why they told me due to the increase in minimum wage.  Also
there were fewer trailers than I've seen there before.  Not sure if they
decided not to show so many on an arthouse venue or Hollywood is simply
running out of films.  A friend who does business with a major studio
says that over 180 projects have been canceled.

I also meant to post a reminder that "Lost" started its fourth season
last night.  The story was centered around Hugo this time.  I recently
learned that "Lost" was inspired by the computer game "Myst" and though
I am somewhat familiar with the game failed to quite see the the
similarity though it is there.