--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Curtis,
>
> Okay, I deserved a comeback from you for my elbow dig.

You and I have been plenty friendly here, so it gave me a feeling of
WTF?  Friendliness isn't a zero sum game.

> But, hey, read the below and tell me that Bush isn't about to begin
> bombing Iran.

Put me down for a solid "I hope he doesn't."  But if you are asking me
to place this situation on the front burner of my attention, or to
spend one second worrying about it...not gunna happen.  If you want me
to jump with no evidential links from cable broke to bombs about to
drop, you are on your own.

We each gotta pick our battles with the limited time and attention we
have don't we? Sometimes a mole is just a mole, they all don't mean: I
HAVE CANCER!  So I'm gunna stick to worrying about the stuff I can
control and pass on any offerings to worry about stuff I can't.

But follow your own muse Edg.  When I want the buzz of a dark trance
my mantra is "Guinea worms."   I am no stranger to the joys of
contemplating misery.

> [...]
> and Asia after two other undersea cables were earlier damaged north of
> Egypt.
>
> Omar Sultan, chief executive of Dubai's IPS DU, said that the incident
> was "very unusual". He said it was not known how the underwater Flag
> Falcon cable, stretching between the United Arab Emirates and Oman,
> had been damaged.
>
> "The situation is critical for us in terms of congestion" on
> international lines, Sultan said, but refused to speculate on the
> extent of the damage. DU said in a press release that the cause of the
> incident "had not yet been identified".
>
> The owner of the Falcon cable, UK Flag Telecom, said the cable was cut
> at 05:59 GMT on Friday, 34.8 miles off the coast of Dubai and that a
> "repair ship has been notified and expected to arrive at the site in
> the next few days".
>
> The company is also the owner of one of the undersea cables that were
> sliced on Wednesday in the Mediterranean Sea. That damage triggered
> wide internet outages, hampering businesses and private usage across
> the Middle East and Asia.
>
> A Flag official in India said workers were still trying to determine
> how the Persian Gulf cable was cut. He declined to comment on whether
> the cut was somehow linked to Wednesday's cut in Egypt, but said he
> did not believe Flag's cables were deliberately targeted.
>
> As in the case of the Mediterranean damage, which Egyptian officials
> said was caused by a ship's anchor when a vessel could not dock in the
> port of Alexandria, there was also speculation that an anchor had
> sliced the Persian Gulf cable.
>
> DU said the incident "added further complications to the existing cuts
> on the Flag Europe-Asia and SEA-ME-WE4 cables" off the coast of Egypt
> and that the Persian Gulf cut "impacted all international voice calls
> through the DU network", leading to "severe congestion and degradation
> of international voice calls".
>
> It said national calls in the Emirates and internet access were not
> affected.

> <curtisdeltablues@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung <no_reply@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Careful, Lurk.
> > >
> > > If you keep liking my stuff, I'll get addicted to your stuff,
and then
> > > the next thing ya know, we'll be patting each other's backs so often
> > > that huge humps of calloused harden skin will form -- you know,
like
> > > the Curtis and Turq love affair is presently forming on their backs.
> >

> > Nice save Edg, you almost let a ray of sunshine into your pity
party.

> > > Just what this party needs -- four cavorting QuasiModels who are
deaf
> > > to the throngs below us as we swing like apes in the bell tower.
> > >
> > > We don't need David Lynch; we need Mel Brooks to do for the TMO what
> > > he did for the Frankenstein tale.
> > >
> > > Raja to Igor:  I've got a mantra that will cure your hump.

Living and