> I disagree. I think being in the company of enlightened people can
> profoundly accelerate the process. Vedas say so too, so there!

agreed. Just making the point that we can have fantastic blissful
expansive experiences and still retain the choice to become
enlightened as quickly or as slowly as we want to. Infinite
possibilities which is an accurate symptom of growing enlightenment
means just that.

I realize that you had made the logical assumption that, why would one
seek out such experiences to speed enlightenment along if one wasn't
interested in going as quickly as possible?