> mainstream20016 wrote:
> > You knew it was coming  -   Bevan supposedly responded to a question at an
Allahabad press
> > conference today regarding the effect of MMY's passing on the saying 'Jai
> > Guru Dev'.
The
> > new saying :
> >
> > `Jai Guru Dev, to Maharishi's Guru Dev"
> >

> > -retold on MOU this afternoon by GB Raja Peter Warburton
> And what kind of Sanskrit is that?  Or is it honky Hindi?
>
> Jai Guru Dev is a centuries old phrase and not unique to the movement
> (just in case anyone thought so).

I see the hand of King Tony there: to remind folks that Maharishi is NOT a
"Guru Dev," and
that the puja and saying are to his teacher, not to him...

This may have been a spontaneous idea from King Tony, or it may have been a
post-
humous directive, but the purpose is obvious.

Lawson