> > By the way, Andrew and I actually got to be mutually
> > respectful (although never friends) via email in the
> > end. What happened is that someone wrote to his bosses
> > at the Journal of the American Medical Association and
> > sent them a bunch of printouts of his Internet arguments
> > with Judy, and asked that they fire Andrew for "disgracing
> > their publication."
> >
> > Andrew wrote me because he suspected, based on our previous
> > interactions, that I had done it. I convinced him that not
> > only had I NOT done it, I thought whoever did was probably
> > the biggest sleazebag on the planet. We came to a mutual
> > agreement about who we both believe the sleazebag was.
>
> Just as a hit as to who we thought was responsible
> for the package sent to the JAMA editors, compare
> the tactics and intent used in that attempt at
> defamation to what follows. The only difference
> is that the people being asked to read ten-year-old
> Internet arguments and consider someone untrustworthy
> on the basis of them is aimed at the readers of FFL:

Pretty big difference. Are you afraid you'll lose
your job as a consequence?

And no, Barry, it wasn't I who sent the stuff to
JAMA. (Nor did Skolnick ever contact me about it,
which is rather strange if he eve did suspect me,
since you claim he contacted you when he thought
you'd done it. I'm pretty sure you made the entire
story up in an attempt to take another shot at me.)

The "untrustworthiness" in question is your pretense
that I was the only one who had dust-ups with Skolnick.
And that speaks for itself on the basis of the record,
a little bit of which I posted.

The only reason, BTW, that you're not immortalized at
Skolnick's Junkyard Dog defamation site, along with me
and a bunch of other alt.m.t-ers, is that you had been
absent from alt.m.t for quite some time when he put
the site together, so he didn't have any current
material from you.