> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter <drpetersutphen@>
> wrote:
> >
> > --- authfriend <jstein@> wrote:
> >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,

> > > in my estimation
> > >
> > > It's a fascinating piece, but I'd recommend
> > > a salt shaker to accompany your reading,
> > > particularly with regard to the details of
> > > the medical emergency and Chopra's role in it.
> >
> > Why? In my personal interactions with Chopra many
> > moons ago he always  came across as a pretty straight
> > shooter.
>
> He's just a *little* too much at the center of the
> story he tells, and he's just a bit too good of a
> story teller, too smooth. It set off my B.S.
> detector.
>
> But more specifically, he's been quoted in published
> news stories telling two competing versions of why
> the Beatles left Maharishi: first, that they had been
> using drugs and MMY threw them out; and then that there
> were rumors of MMY coming on to a woman at the ashram,
> and the Beatles left in disgust. Both accounts have
> been posted here, the first one awhile back, the
> second since MMY died.
>
> I think most of us here were surprised to hear him
> telling the drugs version. Some suggested he was
> trying to repair his relations with the movement
> by telling the version that reflected MMY in a
> better light.
>
> Whatever, he appears to be playing some kind of game,
> and I just don't trust him not to make up details
> that reflect *himself* in a better light.

Or, more likely, putting himself in the center of the story when itw as someone
else who
did specific things. I wouldn't doubt that MMY was under the care of Chopra's
father at
some point. I wouldn't doubt that he was seriously ill, even apparently dead or
in a coma.
And the worry of his nephews sounds about th right. I India, even more than the
USA< appearance is everything, it seems.

But you're right, it does sound a tad "neat" that Chopra was there for every
single aspect
of that incident.

Lawson