Dr. Phil was recently accused of breaking doctor-patient
confidentiality by speaking to the news media about a patient, Britney
Spears:

http://tinyurl.com/yp5fb2

Deepak Chopra is talking publicly about a former patient, Maharishi
Mahesh Yogi. Indeed, he describes himself as his doctor in the piece
found at: http://tinyurl.com/23lanw

This is what Chopra says from the above cited piece:

"It was true that after his medical crisis he refused to discuss his
health and took pains to indicate that where once I had been his
physician, now I was to consider myself in the former position of
disciple."

So Chopra was Maharishi's physician.  But in his piece he discloses
personal information about Maharishi of both a medical and personal
nature, both of which are protected information.

The problem is that the doctor-patient privilege extends even after
death.  The following is from http://epic.org/privacy/privileges/ :

"...only the client can waive the privilege and the privilege survives
the client. Therefore, even after a client's death, an attorney can not
reveal the information without the prior approval of the client. This
was recently articulated by the United States Supreme Court in Swidler
& Berlin, et al. v. United States, 524 U.S. 399 (1998) (case
regarding "Travelgate," where a grand jury, at the Independent
Counsel's request, sought handwritten notes from the attorney for the
late Vincent Foster)."

Even if the above is incorrect, then at the very least it would be only
the estate of Maharishi that could allow him to divulge the information
that he did...and I doubt that Deepak got such a permission from the TM
organisation...not only because it is too short a time since his death
but because of the acrimonious relationship between the two parties,
they probably wouldn't give it!