I woke up this morning some time after 4am, turned on the broadband
communications receiver I keep by my bed (an AOR AR-3000A) and started
scrolling through my station presets, which is a bunch of AM, FM, and
shortwave stations. I hit KRUU, and there was a guy reading that kooky
Kaplan letter from several years ago. I checked the KRUU program
schedule, and it was a program called 'Rasta Roots' hosted by Joel
Zimmerman.

http://www.kruufm.com/node/13

He couldn't pronounce Shankaracharya properly, and he pronounced
Patanjali pah-ton-JAH-li, so I doubt the guy was ever a roo. Does
anyone here know this guy?