> on 6/6/05 3:02 AM, Premanand Paul Mason at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > John Lennon has been unfairly held responsible for The Beatles
> > breakaway from MMY but also, by association, the breakup of The
> > Beatles.
> > At the time of the 'confrontation' between Lennon & MMY, The
Beatles
> > were arranging to appear in a public concert in Delhi, alongside
the
> > Beachboys and Donovan.
> > The breakup of The Beatles was a great loss to the world and the
> > breakaway from MMY is what appears to have been the root cause.
> > Probably movement types will gloat reading this. Yes, they will
> > think, MMY has the power even to break up The Beatles. But he
showed
> > no such power when asked to respond to his most famous
> > followers 'unstressing'.
>
> George once remarked that everyone's egos went crazy after
Rishikesh, and
> that therefore they couldn't get along. You see that in the filming
of their
> last album. My take on that was that they were in long rounding,
unstressing
> a lot, then left abruptly. Did you ever come down from long
rounding too
> quickly? I did once and it took me months to get balanced and
integrated
> again.

Rick, I used the word 'unstressing' because that is how the movement
explained John Lennon's later criticisms of MMY. In fact the long
roundings had wound down as the course was about to move to Kashmir,
so they shouldn't have been toooo spaced. However, the fact that they
had only been meditating for a few months and that they were plunged
into a TTC might have been a contributory factor, yes, they might
well have been a bit rocky from too much rounding.
A major problem for them was that they had renounced drugs, gotten
into believing in TM as a way to assist them to a natural high and
hoped that MMY could accelerate their progress. It then began to look
otherwise. On the rebound drugs became an issue again, but it was no
longer the cosmic adventure, it was escapism. They no longer trusted
each other so much. George wrote the 'Not Guilty' song about him not
being responsible 'for leading them astray on the road to Mandalay'.