Marek:
> >> Brigante, I believe that you are sincere in your devotion to
> >> Maharishi and Guru Dev but do you really feel in your heart
> >> that the venom you so readily and constantly inject into this
> >> forum serves to promote their mission to enlighten the world?
> >>
> >> It's a real question.  Your posts just stun me sometimes with
> >> what appears to be unadulterated hatred.  They are in a class
> >> apart from any other hard words that are posted on this site.
> >> Am I wrong here?

You are not wrong.

Bob, typically:
> > Thanks for sharing.

Rick:
> In other words, he appears to be completely incapable of self-
> examination.

To put things more into perspective, it is my experience
that ALL religious fanatics are incapable of self-examin-
ation.  It's not just TM and the fanatics of the TMO.  It's
the nature of fanaticism and narcissism and solipsism.

It's been the same throughout history.  "Saint" Dominic
(founder of the Inquisition) managed to convince himself
that he was saving people's souls and working for the glory
of God by torturing his victims to get them to "speak the
truth" before he sent them to the pyre.  He and his ilk
plunged Europe into a dark age that lasted hundreds of
years and resulted in an estimated million deaths, all in
the name of God.

The mindset of the fanatic is that one can *never* admit
that there can be another POV on the subject about which
one is fanatical.  That's the whole POINT.  It's not ABOUT
the thing that the fanatic is seemingly fanatical about;
it's about being so terrified of being wrong (or being
perceived as wrong) that one has to actively declare one-
self RIGHT and anyone who has another POV on the subject
WRONG.

To such an individual, self-examination is anathema, never
to be even considered, because it introduces the possibility
of being wrong.  The whole GAME is about never being wrong.

In the case of Bob, I've watched his posts for years, on
this forum and another one.  It's not ABOUT TM, not at
all.  It's about Bob, and his desire to be perceived as
"right," as "knowing the truth," while all of us lesser,
unevolved, deluded fools don't.  He would be saying the
same things if *everyone* here were strong supporters of
Maharishi; the issue at that point would be that we weren't
strong *enough*.

The fascinating thing is, if he ever "flips," and decides
for whatever reason that he *was* wrong about Maharishi, he
will be EQUALLY fanatical about demonizing him.  The only
important thing to a fanatic is having someone to dump on.
Who that someone is doesn't matter.

Compare and contrast to the many people here who feel as
strongly about Maharishi and the good that he has done in
the world as Bob does, and whose sense of hope has equally
not diminished over the years, but who manage to phrase
what they say positively.  No one -- not even those here
with the most jaded view of Maharishi -- ever gives these
folks a hard time for their comments.  Who can argue with
faith that is expressed in positive, hopeful terms?  Who
would want to?  (Case in point:  if "Guy" had posted his
recent story and left off the last paragraph of it, the
one that contained the putdown, would anyone have reacted
negatively to it?  I suspect not...I know I certainly
would not have.)

The reaction one sees to Bob on this forum, IMO, is the
reaction one would see to a similar fanatic on ANY forum,
dealing with ANY subject.  Even the strong TMers here see
the difference between a positive expression of faith and
hope supporting Maharishi and an almost always negative,
almost always bashing someone expression of the same con-
cept.  It's the lack of *range* that characterizes the
fanatic.  They say and do the same things over and over
and over and over and over and over, and never seem to
notice, because the need to bash others in a pathetic
attempt to elevate themselves is always new to them.
Just my opinion...

Unc