--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Robert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>   Holy Death in Threes and What To Do With These  February 15, 2008
by cadeveo

>       I remember it said, by various people, of no more authority
or wisdom than I, that people die in threes. Usually, I've heard that
sort of thing out of the mouth of someone I worked with round about
the end of the year after the death of a celebrity of some stripe.
And usually, or so it appears, the person's magical summation
regarding the triple-bucket-kick phenomenon has been borne out, at
least to the best of hir satisfaction. A bit of confirmation bias,
perhaps? That ol' "What you look for is just what you'll fine?" as
true when looking for "the bull" and finding "the horns" as when
looking for three consecutively croaking famous people.
>   Just a thought, though:
>   Has anyone yet been firing up their confirmation-biased radar for
the third "holy man" to join this party?

>   Mormon President/Prophet, Gordon Hinckley, Jr.-Died January 27,
2007.

>   The Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, Founder of Transcendental Meditation-
Died Feb. 5, 2007.
>   ***

Perhaps...
  Rep. Tom Lantos (D-Calif.) a hero's farewell yesterday, lauding
him, in the words of U.N. Secretary General Ban Ki-moon, as "a
champion of our common humanity."

Lantos Praised as 'Champion of Our Common Humanity'
Memorial Service for Rep. Tom Lantos
The Hungarian-born Lantos, who died of cancer Monday at age 80, was
the only Holocaust survivor ever to serve in Congress. His youth as a
resistance fighter in Nazi-occupied Budapest, where he lost most of
his family, lent authority to his pursuit of humanitarian causes and
his support for U.S. military intervention in the name of democracy.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-
dyn/content/article/2008/02/14/AR2008021403461.html