--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> My guess is that Deepak was telling the truth, with some
> embellishment and fuzziness do to lapse of time, and GM
> (Girish Momaya?) is trying to whitewash it for posterity.

I have exactly the same guess.

Chopra's a sloppy storyteller with a shaky
relationship with the swap space of his
memory, but it feels to me like the basic
essence of the story is true.

The nitpicky details don't matter a damn
to me. What was interesting about Chopra's
tale for me was hearing him speak about
something I'd seen myself, how jealous
Maharishi would get when someone was
upstaging him.

On the other hand, rhe reactiveness and the
tone of the other doctor seems a tad too
devotional for me to take it seriously. This
is not a doctor speaking about his patient,
not when he refers to him as Maharishiji.
This is a disciple speaking about his master.
And disciples can justify saying all sorts
of stuff if they think it protects or
glorifies their master.

It's like Angela said -- these are just two
points of view, neither being anything like
"the truth." They're just points of view.

And they're both just stories. You take what
you need from a story and you leave the rest.