--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "ispiritkin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks for posting this, Turq.
>
> After reading another thread about MMY's zany behavior, it occurred
> to me that maybe Mahesh himself anticipated that a householder would
> spend only a very small slice of his enlightenment path with the TMO
> (additional time with tm itself, but not with TMO).  By pushing
> people constantly, he had to know he would push them out of the TMO
> envelope, and onto something else.

There is a case to be made for this. My reason
for not believing it completely is how Maharishi
tended to *treat* the people he'd "pushed out of
the nest." If he had continued to refer to them
with respect, that would indicate one thing; to
refer to them in derogatory terms, as he often
did, seems to indicate another.

> May I ask who was this smorgasbord-style teacher you had?

He was a controversial spiritual teacher by the
name of Rama (Frederick Lenz). The Wikipedia
page on him gives an overview of both positive
and negative. I try not to talk about him here
because people get a little hinky when I do.
Pretty much anything I had to say about the
dude I said in the book I wrote about him. It's
on the Web, at http://www.ramalila.net/RoadTripMind