> Hmmmm. T'would seem that there are a few...uh...
> discrepancies between Dr. Mahapatra's view of
> things when he's broke and has been abandoned
> by Maharishi and the TMO (this earlier account)
> and his recent letter

Which discrepancies would these be? Please list
them for us.

now that he's got a cushy
> job with the Enlightened Sentencing Project.

Which project has been in serious conflict with the
TMO, such that it must provide a disclaimer that it
is not associated with the TMO. From its Web site:

"The Enlightened Sentencing Project is a 501 (c) 3
organization and is not affiliated with the national
Transcendental Meditation organization."

So what would be the difference between Dr. Mahapatra's
attitude toward MMY in 2005 and now?

> What we'll see now is that the same people who
> pointed out the possible discrepancies and
> inconsistencies in Chopra's account and used
> them as a way to either imply or state outright
> that the writer is lying and untrustworthy will
> now do the same for Dr. Mahapatra, based on his
> two conflicting views of the same events.

Again, please, what are the conflicts? Have you
actually compared the two?

> Yeah, right.
>
> Or, it could be that nitpicking to find possible
> "discrepancies" and using them to try to demonize
> the writer is something that one does only for
> *critics* of Maharishi and the TM movement. Those
> who are now supporters of Maharishi and the TM
> movement get a free ride when their stories are
> inconsistent.

<belly laugh>

Dr. Mahapatra is *not* now a supporter of MMY and
the TMO. You've got your panties in such a twist
that anyone dare challenge Chopra that you can't
even get the elementary facts straight.

<snip>
> Those who point out that the fence is falling apart
> and shaky and that it was never much of a fence in
> the first place get get the full-on Google-bomb-em-
> back-to-the-stone-age treatment and get demonized.
> Those who attempt to slap a fresh coat of whitewash
> on the fence get a free ride.

What in Dr. Mahapatra's latest account can *possibly*
be characterized as whitewashing MMY?

> Note also -- if it happens -- that not a WORD will
> be said by the Chopra demonizers about several other
> interesting points in Dr. Mahapatra's earlier account
> -- the bilking of dying patients' families, the
> depiction of Maharishi as a megalomaniac, his paranoia
> about the CIA and about poisoning, the undue influence
> his family had on him, and the way that Maharishi
> followed through on his promises. If they don't get
> mentioned, I guess that means that these sorts of
> things are not candidates for analysis and discussion
> in the pursuit of truth.

No, they're candidates for a *different* discussion.

> Again, it seems to be because there are different "rules"
> for assessing the words of a current TM supporter than
> there are for assessing the words of a TM critic. I seem
> to remember that the rules for the latter have been
> characterized in the past here on FFL as being founded
> in a quest for honesty and a desire to determine the
> truth.
>
> Yeah, right.

How well do you believe you conform to those "rules,"
Barry?

I'm sure you will immediately rise to the occasion
and document your charges that there are
"discrepancies" between Dr. Mahapatra's accounts,
as well as documenting your assertion that Dr. Mahaptra
has again become a supporter of MMY and the TMO via his
employment with the Enlightened Sentencing Project.

Yeah, right.