Apple totally lost the mass market by insisting on proprietary
hardware, when everyone else, especially Microsoft, realized that the
money was to be made in software.

 I recall years ago trying to support someone's modem operation with
an Apple computer and couldn't because Apple wouldn't release the
pinout diagram for the cable attaching to the modem! So they will
continue to have a precious 3% of users or something, or see the light
and just use Intel stuff and make their OS compatible...

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Stanley"